Tuesday, September 25, 2012

How to do an Ollie


Hey guys….. for my how-to post I'm doing ‘How to do an Ollie’. Just so you know, an ollie is a skateboard trick where you basically ‘jump’ the board into the air and land back on the board, on the ground.  I’m not really the person to teach this trick because I’ve only just learnt it myself, and I still mess it up too.  But, I’ll give it my best shot. 

Step 1.  Stand on the skateboard with your front foot directly behind or on top of the screws on the deck and your back foot on the tail.


Step 2. Bend your knees. Make sure you bend your knees a lot and not just in a slight bend.



Step 3. Push down in a quick and hard motion with your back foot so that the tail hits the ground, popping the board into the air.  At the same time, push down on your front foot.  So it’s like, back foot push down, front foot push down, all in one quick motion.




Step 4. (After the above photo) Land on the ground, on the skateboard without falling off.  :)

So, there you go, that's how to do an ollie. One word of advice: practice.  It took me a long time to get the hang of it but after you do, it's super fun.  The more you practice, the higher you'll get.  Good luck!

Here's a video to help you out as well:


No comments:

Post a Comment