Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review of Taylor Swift's New Single


Taylor Swift’s new single “We are Never Ever Getting Back Together” is REALLY catchy, at least in my opinion. I think it’s a bit different from her usual style of music, but I really like it. The one typical thing about this Taylor Swift song is that it is another break-up song, and that’s not unusual for Taylor Swift.  “White Horse”, “Dear John”, “The Story of Us”, “Last Kiss” and many more are all songs about relationships that ended in ‘tragedy’.  But, most all of these songs are well written and have a lot of emotion put into them, making them really good songs. “We are Never Ever Getting Back Together” DEFINITELY has emotion.  You can hear the disappointment (towards the guy) and the frustration in her voice, but she says it in a this-isn’t-working-out-and-I’m-tired-of-it sort of way.  She doesn’t seem sad or filled with regret about how this relationship is falling apart like she is in some of her past songs.  Instead she just says that “We are never ever, ever, ever getting back together.  Like ever…” She demonstrates how she isn’t going to miss the relationship because there’s nothing to miss saying sarcastically, “I’m really gonna miss you picking fights, and me falling for it screaming that I’m right, and you, hide away and find your piece of mind, with some Indie record that’s MUCH cooler than mine.”  I mostly like the song for the catchy beat and nice tune, but you can decide for yourself. J

No comments:

Post a Comment