Saturday, July 28, 2012

The End of Work Experience


Friday was my last day of work experience.  It was too bad though because I came down with a cold in the middle of the week and had to miss work on Wednesday.  I wasn’t feeling that great on Thursday and Friday but I went to work anyways because I didn’t want to miss my only chance to do work experience. Working with the kids was a really great experience! I got to know all of them and it was funny to see all their different personalities.  I was even there when a new girl came in.  But I also saw how teaching a classroom of fifteen four and five year olds is not an easy job. You need a lot of patience, especially with the ones who have mental disabilities (Down-syndrome and Autism). You also have to be organized.  I’m not sure if I’ll ever become a teacher but I’m glad that I now have an idea of what it would be like to teach young kids.  Here’s the link to the school’s website if you want to have a look:

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Emily. Work experience is just that: an experience. Now you have an understanding of what it takes to be a teacher; patience, organisation skills etc. The little kids will love seeing you around now at AIS but will be a little confused when you are back in your uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya...I told them I would come and visit them so I'm going to do that. It was a fun experience working there!

    ReplyDelete