Monday, July 23, 2012

My first day of work experience!


Today was my first day of work experience at Ms. Pia’s class at AIS.  It was pretty fun, even though it is a lot of work with that many little kids around.  They really keep you on your toes!  But it was fun being ‘Ms. Emily’ for the day.  Haha.  I guess the day seems longer than a usual school day because I’m not busy doing school work of my own and I stay later too.  I only stayed until 3 though, not 3:30.   One of the first things the kids did after ‘circle time’ was alternate between three tables. There was an art table, a reading table, and a table with play-dough.  I was at the play-dough table and got to meet some of the kids for the first time.  After that they had snack time and then went to the play-ground/soccer field.  I ‘played’ catch with some of the little kids.   During the rest of the day they had music, reading time, and counting numbers and making words, which I helped with.  We also had lunch time where I got a 30 minute break.  (I could have gotten a 30 minute break at snack time also, but I chose to eat with the kids instead.)  Also, one of the kids in the class has autism and another has down-syndrome.  Those two kids need extra care with which the other two classroom helpers help with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment